The Jobs and Pensions service under myAccount replaces the Form 12a, so employees can register their first job in Ireland using this service. Employees unable to use online services should contact their Revenue office for assistance.
Jobs and Pensions Service
What is it?
Jobs and Pensions is an online service that allows customers register their new job (or private pension) with Revenue. A tax credit certificate (TCC) will then issue to both the employer and employee ensuring that the employer can deduct the correct amount of tax for that job (or private pension).
Who should use it?
The Jobs and Pensions service is for individuals who are:
- starting their first job in the current tax year including their first ever job in Ireland
- starting a second or subsequent job (i.e. another job in addition to their main job)
- starting to receive payments from a private pension (i.e. not a Department of Social Protection (DSP) pension).
*Individuals who are changing jobs should not use this service to tell us about their new job unless the old job has been ceased on Revenue’s record
What do you need?
Individuals will need the following information to register a job online:
- new employer’s tax registration number
- start date of the new job
- frequency of payment
- staff number if one has been allocated by the employer. This is also called a personnel, works or payroll number (note: this is not mandatory)
- weekly amount of the following DSP payments:
- Blind Pension
- Survivor’s Pension (Non-Contributory)
- Carer’s Income (Allowance / Benefit)